Chicago Area Weather Blog Forums

Weather Forums


    Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Share

    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2008-04-11
    Location : Streamwood, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  Chicago Storm on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:04 am

    coolerbythelake wrote:Check out he GFS and it's fantasy land forecast for STL, Missouri. It has 3 inches of snow on April 27/28. I hate that model. Snow is done accumaltaing wise.
    GFS always get wacky far out. Just need to focus on the warmth, brief coll down Friday/Saturday, and then another big warm-up.

    centralplainsstorm
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2008-04-13
    Age : 27
    Location : Ottawa, Illinois

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  centralplainsstorm on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:37 pm

    and then a big cool down after next weeks warm up Laughing

    Thundercloud
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2008-04-14
    Age : 27
    Location : Rochester, NY

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  Thundercloud on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:13 pm

    currently the temperature is 77 here in Rochester

    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2008-04-11
    Location : Streamwood, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  Chicago Storm on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:49 pm

    Looks like it will be warm through next week. As for Chicago here is what Tom Skilling said on his 5:55Pm update:
    Friday: 72F
    Saturday: 70F
    Sunday: 68F
    Monday: 76F
    Tuesday: 75F

    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2008-04-13
    Age : 46
    Location : Plainfield, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  coolerbythelake on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:02 pm

    Storm,

    Monday has the makings much like today, of a top 10 day. Early this morning, on some of the model runs, I was concerned of possbile frost later next week with the surge of cool air. But it now appears that the cold air will be significantly modified and lows should fall into the upper 30's/to around 40 dgrees next thu/fri/sat. No concerns of frost at all. Daytime highs even look warmer than this morning. Away from the lake middle 50's to about 60 degrees is awfully easy to take this time of year. Beyond next week, the following week, a more "summer like" warm up is shaping up with a possible run of 1 to 3 days of 80 plus degree temps. Athough Skilling suggests 76 degrees Monday, I am buying into the notion that compressional warming may sit right on top of us that day thus boosting temps into the low 80's in a few spots say I-88 south. Something to watch. Enjoy the blooms, went golfing today, I sucked, but the beer was cold and the steak was nice.

    centralplainsstorm
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2008-04-13
    Age : 27
    Location : Ottawa, Illinois

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  centralplainsstorm on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:47 pm

    hha hey storm your in the 40s and im in the upper 60s
    Laughing

    tom said the same thing at 9

    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2008-04-11
    Location : Streamwood, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  Chicago Storm on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:53 pm

    centralplainsstorm wrote:hha hey storm your in the 40s and im in the upper 60s
    Laughing

    tom said the same thing at 9
    I'm not in the 40's. I'm in the mid 50's cause of this stupid lake breeze, but I still hit 74F today. Very Happy The winds have shifted from the NE to the SE, which means the lake breeze is getting pushed back north a bit by the S winds. Looks like ill make it to up to 74F tomorrow, at least thats what Tom Skilling said.

    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2008-04-13
    Age : 46
    Location : Plainfield, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  coolerbythelake on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:04 pm

    Bigger ha-ha to all of you, here in Plainfield, which is always lake breeze prrof my current temp is 64.4 and we should hit 76 tommorow. I was so happy when we moved from the north shore, the weather sucks there and it stays cold till June...no thanks. Nice evening went jogging with the dog and now ready to study all night.

    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2008-04-11
    Location : Streamwood, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  Chicago Storm on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:10 pm

    coolerbythelake wrote:Storm,

    Monday has the makings much like today, of a top 10 day. Early this morning, on some of the model runs, I was concerned of possbile frost later next week with the surge of cool air. But it now appears that the cold air will be significantly modified and lows should fall into the upper 30's/to around 40 dgrees next thu/fri/sat. No concerns of frost at all. Daytime highs even look warmer than this morning. Away from the lake middle 50's to about 60 degrees is awfully easy to take this time of year. Beyond next week, the following week, a more "summer like" warm up is shaping up with a possible run of 1 to 3 days of 80 plus degree temps. Athough Skilling suggests 76 degrees Monday, I am buying into the notion that compressional warming may sit right on top of us that day thus boosting temps into the low 80's in a few spots say I-88 south. Something to watch. Enjoy the blooms, went golfing today, I sucked, but the beer was cold and the steak was nice.
    Hope you had a nice time on your golf outing. For Monday/Tuesday I do think there will be 80F temps. somewhere in the Chicago area.

    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2008-04-11
    Location : Streamwood, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  Chicago Storm on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:12 pm

    coolerbythelake wrote:Bigger ha-ha to all of you, here in Plainfield, which is always lake breeze prrof my current temp is 64.4 and we should hit 76 tommorow. I was so happy when we moved from the north shore, the weather sucks there and it stays cold till June...no thanks. Nice evening went jogging with the dog and now ready to study all night.
    I like where I live, its right next to Elgin, if you know where that is. I only get hit with a lake breeze every once in a while, when it does happen its not until the late afternoon, after the high temp. has occured, so i'm fine with it.

    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2008-04-13
    Age : 46
    Location : Plainfield, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  coolerbythelake on Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:17 pm

    Yeah Egin is far away and it stays toasty out that way. Some earthquake this morning, my folks in st louis were shook off the bed. Next week is looking sooo sweet, finally spring is here to stay.

    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2008-04-11
    Location : Streamwood, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  Chicago Storm on Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:50 pm

    coolerbythelake wrote:Yeah Egin is far away and it stays toasty out that way. Some earthquake this morning, my folks in st louis were shook off the bed. Next week is looking sooo sweet, finally spring is here to stay.
    Chicago along with several other cities may see there first 80F temp. Monday or Tuesday Next week.

    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2008-04-11
    Location : Streamwood, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  Chicago Storm on Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:58 pm

    The is from the NWS Chicago Area Forecast Discussion issued at 2:58PM. We may see an 80F!

    "SUNSHINE RETURNS BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND WITH WAA ALOFT...SHOULD
    EASILY SEE UPPER 60S/LOWER 70S WESTERN AREAS. EASTERLY FLOW OFF LAKE
    MICHIGAN TO KEEP LAKESHORE AREAS SEVERAL DEGREES COOLER. TEMPS
    CONTINUE TO WARM WITH MID 70S MOST AREAS...AGAIN COOLER NEAR THE
    LAKE. DEPENDING ON CLOUD COVER AND MIXING...MONDAY COULD BE A FEW
    DEGREES WARMER THAN GOING NUMBERS BUT WILL NOT MENTION 80 JUST YET.

    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2008-04-13
    Age : 46
    Location : Plainfield, IL

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  coolerbythelake on Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:44 pm

    Storm, you and I both had a jump on that 80 temp possibility. I think we may see compressional warming, I think a low 80 is doable, even Tuesday as well. The dew points should hit in the 60's! Looks more and more like a fast jump to summer coming this year. Gee I wonder if the Mr "glass half empty" Brett Anderson is depressed since he loves cold dreary weather and is ever the fly in the ointment to call a warm day warm but rather look at the 1 in a million possibilities of a freak "incident" to make it cold. The guy is so depressing, he loves that Greenland Block. Here is a word for ya Brett, adios block till December...ha-ha

    Sponsored content

    Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:40 pm