Chicago Area Weather Blog Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chicago Area Weather Blog Forums

Weather Forums

+2
coolerbythelake
Chicago Storm
6 posters

Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th) Empty Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

Post  Chicago Storm Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:39 pm

A big warm-up is expected to affect most of the country next week. Temps. look to take a jump into the 60's and 70's for many areas. With Southern States getting into the 80's and 90's. Very Happy

Last edited by Chicago Storm on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th) Empty Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

Post  coolerbythelake Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:31 am

Storm,

Yeah the warmup even looks to intensify more over the weekend. I still think there is more see-saw temps till May 10, but maybe a day or two here and there of cool weather. What I am wondering is if this wet pattern will slow down. Signs suggest that it may be, if we can dry out, and especially the Ohio valley, then we should see a hot summer. If the soils around us and south east of us stay moist, summer will be tempered temp wise with more humidity.
    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th) Empty Re: Big Warm-Up Expected (Apr. 14-24th)

Post  Chicago Storm Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:39 am

coolerbythelake wrote:Storm,

Yeah the warmup even looks to intensify more over the weekend. I still think there is more see-saw temps till May 10, but maybe a day or two here and there of cool weather. What I am wondering is if this wet pattern will slow down. Signs suggest that it may be, if we can dry out, and especially the Ohio valley, then we should see a hot summer. If the soils around us and south east of us stay moist, summer will be tempered temp wise with more humidity.
    Well we will dry out. After todays mess, it won't be til Thursday or Friday that we see a slight chance at thunderstorms. The next chance after that is the middle of the following week.
    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  coolerbythelake Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Are you seeing any widespread precip thurs/fri? Seems like several torughs are across norht america and will be swing through from time 2 time. Dew points should jump wed night through friday for waht appears more garden variety storms. Next week, although early, looks like a real severe threat around the 22nd, still aways off, but a few models seem to suggest some action. Next week maybe an 80 degree temp? What are you thinking storm?
    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Chicago Storm Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:39 pm

coolerbythelake wrote:Are you seeing any widespread precip thurs/fri? Seems like several torughs are across norht america and will be swing through from time 2 time. Dew points should jump wed night through friday for waht appears more garden variety storms. Next week, although early, looks like a real severe threat around the 22nd, still aways off, but a few models seem to suggest some action. Next week maybe an 80 degree temp? What are you thinking storm?
    Well under the severe weather section, I opened a topic for possible severe storms on Thursday/Friday. As for the following week, there will be an even bigger warm-up. I was looking at the GFS and we may get to 80F. Lets hope! Very Happy
    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Chicago Storm Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:05 pm

Here is what I expect some citys to see this at least one day this week.
    Chicago: 70's
    Des Moines: 70's
    Kansas City: 80F
    Oklahoma City: 80's
    St. Louis: 80's
    Indianapolis: 70's
    Cleveland: 70's
    Detroit: 70's
    Overall looks like the first time we will see a long period of warmth.
    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  coolerbythelake Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:03 am

Looks like a good bet we ride out the rest of the month mild while the west absoloutly plummets and with a ton of mountain snow due there as well. Places like Salt Lake City, Flagstaff could be 15 to 20 degrees below normal with een Phoenix below normal...Hmm could this possibly be a peek into a hot la nina summer? These are striking clues, all we need to do is really dry out. The following week we really get warm. Finally winter is over and no more eating of it's left overs.
    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  coolerbythelake Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:05 am

Storm,

My folks are in STL and that's my hometown. They are going to go from winter to a 3 week spring then bam, summer, which I think we do after the 10th of May. We will turn hot, at least for May that is. Watch out this week, we should see a ton of trees and shrubs bloom, should be spectacular afterthe wet winter and cool spring. Cannot wait!
    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Chicago Storm Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:09 am

coolerbythelake wrote:Storm,

My folks are in STL and that's my hometown. They are going to go from winter to a 3 week spring then bam, summer, which I think we do after the 10th of May. We will turn hot, at least for May that is. Watch out this week, we should see a ton of trees and shrubs bloom, should be spectacular afterthe wet winter and cool spring. Cannot wait!
    I agree looks like the warmth may try to stay for good. Some trees are already trying to bloom here...but htis week it will be like an explosion. Also as Tom Skilling has said several times, he thinks we will go straight from winter to summer, this may happen.
    Thundercloud
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  Thundercloud Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:28 am

Looks like I am going to get up to the 70's this week and even better school is out for spring break
    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  coolerbythelake Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:56 am

Thundercloud,

How was your winter up in Rochester? I would imagine you had a decent one. Wow even 70's for you to, that is awesome. Upstate NY is sopretty in spring. Give me Saranac Lake anytime in spring. Next week looks awesome, with the added moisture in the air, it makes it feel even nicer and keeps those evening temps up high enough for a ride in the convertible. Finally looks like spring has kicked down the door.
    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Chicago Storm Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:41 pm

The warm temps. are already starting to show up acroos the Plains. They will be her tomorrow for many of us in the Midwest. Very Happy
    Thundercloud
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  Thundercloud Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:05 pm

I will write a write up on the winter in winter weather
    centralplainsstorm
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  centralplainsstorm Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:03 pm

ya 60;s and 70s for a while

this is the start of spring finally!

its like 3 weeks late!
    Laughing
    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Chicago Storm Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 pm

centralplainsstorm wrote:ya 60;s and 70s for a while

this is the start of spring finally!

its like 3 weeks late!
    Laughing
    Yea, finally warm. First 70's of the year on the way for me! Very Happy
    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  coolerbythelake Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:25 pm

It has been something like 176 days since a 70 degree temp here. It is about time, and yes, even with the strong winds today, the temp and sun feel awfully nice. Looks like spring really digs itheels in next week, an 80 degree temp may be in the cards, at least for areas south of I-88.
    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Chicago Storm Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:31 pm

coolerbythelake wrote:It has been something like 176 days since a 70 degree temp here. It is about time, and yes, even with the strong winds today, the temp and sun feel awfully nice. Looks like spring really digs itheels in next week, an 80 degree temp may be in the cards, at least for areas south of I-88.
    Tomorrow looks like my first 70F temp. As for an 80F next week, its looks like a good possibility. The GFS has the 570 line almost up to Chicago, Des Moines, and has it into the Quad Cities, this would signal 80F temps.

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/12/fp0_180.shtml
    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Chicago Storm Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:56 pm

Its looking more and more possible that Indianapolis to Chicago to Des Moines to Omaha may see there first 80F temp. by the middle of next week.
    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  coolerbythelake Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Looks good for Tuesday htting that 80 degree mark. Looks like we cool late week for about 3 days and then start another impressive warmup a week from Sunday again. Sure seems to be trending in that hot pattern for later this summer. I really expect the west to be cooler and the inter mountain west to the Ohio valley to bake. Anyhow, those winds today were huffing but it felt good in the sun although the shade made it nipy. Bring on tommorow, see you guys later tommorow night, go have fun!
    Dominic
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  Dominic Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:34 am

coolerbythelake wrote:Looks good for Tuesday htting that 80 degree mark. Looks like we cool late week for about 3 days and then start another impressive warmup a week from Sunday again. Sure seems to be trending in that hot pattern for later this summer. I really expect the west to be cooler and the inter mountain west to the Ohio valley to bake. Anyhow, those winds today were huffing but it felt good in the sun although the shade made it nipy. Bring on tommorow, see you guys later tommorow night, go have fun!

Def looks possible sometime next week. As next system tracks into the Rockies next Tuesday, heights will be on the rise across the Plains and Great Lakes and major warmth will be accompanied by gusty southwest winds. Always a price to pay for this because as next system finally ejects out of the west coast into the Rockies and Plains sometime in the middle of next week there will be enough instability and shear for a potential major severe wx outbreak from KS, NEB into the lower Lakes region. Looks like a big storm will be slowly ejecting out of the west coast sometime next week. Models are to fast with the ejection of pacific NW trough so this system may end up being delayed.
    k9apr@k9apr.org
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  k9apr@k9apr.org Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:55 am

About time we need a warm up to dry ths ground out around me. I have had over 15" of rain since January. Take the ICE Storm we had here 1.25" thick, and 12" Snowfall and were well over e te 17"mark.....
    Chicago Storm
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Chicago Storm Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:28 am

k9apr@k9apr.org wrote:About time we need a warm up to dry ths ground out around me. I have had over 15" of rain since January. Take the ICE Storm we had here 1.25" thick, and 12" Snowfall and were well over e te 17"mark.....
    Yes, the long awatied warm up is here, and i'm finall going to get my first 70F temp. of the year.
    Dominic
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  Dominic Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:17 pm

Chicago Storm wrote:
    k9apr@k9apr.org wrote:About time we need a warm up to dry ths ground out around me. I have had over 15" of rain since January. Take the ICE Storm we had here 1.25" thick, and 12" Snowfall and were well over e te 17"mark.....
    Yes, the long awatied warm up is here, and i'm finall going to get my first 70F temp. of the year.

Reached to 72 degrees near Ohare. What a beautiful day.
    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  coolerbythelake Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:02 pm

Despite the wind, the sunshine and the feeling os skin touching the sun has been an exhilerating feeling. Forgot what shorts looked like. My shrubs are blooming to, that always makes me smile. Sun-Mon-Tues of next week look like top 10 days coming up.
    coolerbythelake
    Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm

Post  coolerbythelake Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:51 pm

Check out he GFS and it's fantasy land forecast for STL, Missouri. It has 3 inches of snow on April 27/28. I hate that model. Snow is done accumaltaing wise.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 pm